I wrapped this software link into an infobox:
Crafty Syntax is a feature packed Live Chat/Support Client written in PHP, installed on your server, and database powered. The author describes it as:
"A multi-user, multi-operator, multi-department live Help support chat system that allows the operators of the websites to monitor their visitors as they are browsing the site and proactively open a chat session with the visitor. Is in PHP and uses either Mysql or Text based database . Other features include AUTO INVITE!, referer tracking, page tracking, chat notification, user is typing message, multiple chat sessions, sound alert, leave a message if offline, push urls, quick responses, and multiple operators. runs on your server and is open source GPL."
A few other features I'd like to highlight:
- Online/Offline Indicator image for your site (this is what I put into the Live Help
Infobox...my extent of the authoring of this contribution, aside from the
installation instructions for OSC users.)
- When activated by a customer, their chat window opens in a pop-up window.
- You can hold an unlimited amount of sessions at once and create different chat
departments (like Technical Support, Sales, Post-sale...) and have unlimited
- The admin is wrapped up in a sweet interface - very easy to use
- While logged into the admin, you can be notified when someone simply enters your
website and when they leave. You can also force a chat session with them if you
- You can push visitors' browsers to predefined urls that you set up in the admin
...great if you need to walk someone through the checkout process.
- SOFTWARE COMES WITH AN INSTALLER!! YAY!
- ...much more...check out the author's website linked above.
His site doesn't give a lot of factual bullet-point type information (judging by his site , I think he is a straight coder), so you probably won't get much more information about it until you install it and go through the features and settings in the admin. Also, he offers support live (obviously) if he is available and there is a forum in the baby stages. If you are still skeptical, check out his page at sourceforge.net. Visit Crafty Syntax homepage for more details.
HOPE YOU LIKES! Let me know! This is my first contrib...and I am amazed to be able to give it!