Have you noticed how frustrating order management in osCommerce can be? Especially if you display 100 orders at a time and every single time you need to look at another order you have to reload the entire page thus querying the database for each and every order again and again and again...
It can be quite annoying, at least I thought so and it definitely isn't very effective. It's as bad/slow as it gets and we don't like slow, do we?
In addition to this most (if not all) who uses osCommerce have probably run into the problem of not being able to manually create new orders. Doing this natively requires one to actually login to an account and creating the order as if you were a customer.
Even more problematic is modifying an existing order, doing this natively requires the admin to either delete & create a new order with correct details or manually editing the database directly. Both of which are, to say the least, very unattractive solutions.
Having used a combination of Order Editors / Batch Printing Add-On:s myself I felt it was warranted to create a new Order Management solution that incorporates all of them in an easy to use & effective way. The goal was also to completely get rid of the need to refresh/reload the order page to see new orders.
Features for this Revision:
- Support for and tested on osCommerce 2.3.3
- Tested successfully on Google Chrome and Firefox
- Compatible with jQuery 2.1.0
- Complete Order Creator/Editor/Handler
- Edit any field on an order by simply clicking on it and change the value - Code used from the 'AJAX Orders Editor' Add-On by ledave.
- Edited fields will instantly be refreshed when edited or a product has been added/removed (including Order Total, if affected).
- Edit Name/Price on products.
- Add/Remove 'Extra' Fields like shipping/payment costs (adding tax is selectable).
- One-Click-Duplication of any order - E-Mail will be sent as if the order was created by a customer.
- Order Creator, both as a jQuery Dialog or as a whole page with added Autocomplete support for searching customers - Code used from the 'Manual Order Maker' Add-On
- Quickly Create New order for existing customer by either searching for customer by Name/E-Mail/Customer Nr. or clicking the quick add icon next to existing order.
- Quickly Create New order for new customer - Optionally Creating New account
- jQuery/Ajax Handling of Orders - No need for those costly page reloads every time you select a new order or want to update for new orders.
- Togglable Comet/Ajax Long-Polling for new orders - When a customer creates a new order, the Order Table will automatically update and add the new order to the list without messing with your selections. Never do a page refresh again!
- Growl like Notifications with jQuery Gritter http://boedesign.com/blog/2009/07/11/growl-for-jquery-gritter/
- Order Comments will be displayable as a Bootstrap Tooltip - No need to open the order just to check what a comment says.
- Batch Delete of Orders - Simply toggle the checkbox for the orders you would like to Delete and then review & confirm the selections in a nice Bootstrap Modal. - Code used from one of the Batch Print Add-Ons, can't find which one. ;=(
- Batch Handling of Orders - Batch Print Invoices (one order = one A4) for the selected orders, without need for PDF, in one click. Code used is from 'Batch Printing without Frames or PDF v.2.3.1' Add-On by 0ethos0 (Originally made by PandA.nl)
- Batch Handling of Orders - Batch Update Order Status / Send E-Mail for selected orders.
- Batch Handling of Orders - Export CSV to be used for automatically creating Envelopes with Excel/Numbers/Pages.
- Batch Handling of Orders - Export XML to be used to automatically create Shipping Labels for your shipping provider.
- Added an 'Order by products quantity' sorting feature to simplify order processing by handling orders with just one product first.
- Search Orders by E-Mail, Name or Order Number.
- Simple Tab management - Batch Invoices will open/refresh in same tab, meaning you only need to tabs open to handle both orders and invoices. CSS3 Loading Spinner displayed while orders are updating preventing editing orders while they're being updated.
- HTML5 pushState with history.js - Enables Ajax support for Back/Forward button in browser.
- Fixed-Bottom Bootstrap Navbar with Bootstrap Multiselect - Sliding down automatically when editing orders.
- Quick Send New Order Confirmation E-Mail to customer
- Screenshots included in Package -
Forum Support Link: