There are already a number of 'news' contributions that have been made for osCommerce. I tried all of these first, the following were the outcomes:
- one implored me _not_ to install it if my admin
folder was installed in my catalog folder (which
- the other two were in German, and BabelFish didn't
translate them very well.
This contribution aims to alleviate all of these problems. It currently has the following features:
- News is stored in the database.
- News display on homepage -- achieved with a
'module' type interface, similar to the 'new
products for ...' box that is already there.
- Doesn't display the module if there is no news
- Number of news items to display can be configured
from the existing administration interface.
- The news can be controlled from a new administration
page that ties in both visually and behaviourally
with the existing interface.
- Articles can be activated and deactivated -- If
you write up an article then realise you put it up
too soon, you don't have to re-type it!