Search Enhancements - For MS1 and later
1) Automatic logging of all search terms used on your site.
2) Processing of logged search terms into total counts, with sorting by totals or by name.
3) Admin page provides a Google type facility whereby you can add words or phrases and their suggested replacements to a database table, once you've added data to this table if for example a customer searches for 'wheal' a line is added to the top of the search results page saying: 'you could also try: wheel'. This line is a clickable link that automatically re-searches on the replacement words. For this feature to work you must have made an entry via the admin page for the particular word/phrase used as well as the suggested replacement, obviously this data will take a little time to build up, this is the reason for the keyword logging, so as you can periodically check to see what needs adding to the replacements table.
4) Words/phrases and their suggested replacements can be added/edited/deleted at any time via the admin section.
5) Improved layout of Search results page if no results are found, providing the user with some tips on better searching.
6) Complete admin section to view and process logged search results.
7) When searching, any keywords entered as a plural will automatically have the final 's' stripped from the keyword, this should help if you have your products named/described in the singular form. A benefit of this is that even if there *should* be an 's' on the end of the keyword the correct results will be brought up due to the in-built partial matching of the osC search facility.