KissIT Image Thumbnailer Phoenix
Updated version for OSCOM Phoenix CE
KissIT Image Thumbnailer CE
KissIT Image Thumbnailer by FWR-Media
1. Optional configuration setting “KissIT Disable image upsize” which will avoid that images wich are smaller than the required thumbnail will be upsampled and show unsharp. White background will be added to reach the thumbnail size and the smaller image will be centered.
2. All main configuration settings are moved to Admin : Configuration : Images.
3. Modified tep_image function in includes/functions/html_output and Image_Helper class has been updated for 2.3.4 Bootstrap.
5. Database install and uninstall file added.
4. Rewritten and improved documentation.
Pro version for optimized image subsets for high resolution devices available.
Pro introduces support for the html tag “srcset:” It allows to indicate the browser that different versions of an image are available to fit the different needs of high resolution/retina devices and smaller devices.
It allows to auto convert all image formats (jpeg. Png, gif) to webp images.
Webp format offers smaller images and therefore faster page load than all other image formats with the same image quality.
KissIt Image Thumbnailer automates the task to create different thumb versions for the following conditions:
1. A double sized thumb will be created and tagged with “x2” if the original image is bigger than the required thyumb width and height at least by the factor entered in the new configuration value “KissIT Retina Factor”.
2. A subset of smaller thumb versions are created and tagged by the thumb widths in side the srcset tags. These smaller versions will be choosen by the browser depending on the device screen size.
3. Another new feature is that now images which have no width and height passed to the tep_image function, will be supported by KissIt Image Thumbnailer and a thumb with the original image size will be created. This allows also to use the KissIt watermark on these images and a smaller subset will be created according to the following conditions:
original image width > 400px => half sized image thumb
original image width > 700px => quarter sized image
4. New image class introduced to avoid watwermark inclusion
5. Added function to replace blank space by dash in thumb names for srcset validation.
6. Added optional convert jpeg, png and gif images to webp thumbs
Being a KISS ( Keep It Simple Stupid ) contribution this installs extremely quickly and with minimal core file changes.
KissIT thumbnails any and all osCommerce images where the image dimensions are not equal to the image output dimensions.
PHP image manipulation functions are very heavy on resources, KissIT is optimised to only use such functions when thumbs are first created, after which no such functions are used again. Ensuring that KissIT provides the best possible performance.
Please note: KissMT will only deal with images where the correct osCommerce wrapper function is used ( tep_image() )