This contribution allows you to create bundles of products:
- a user can buy a bundle of parts that may be priced at something different from the total cost of the parts. The cost saving is shown to the customer on the products_info page.
- The stock of each sub product is updated separately when a sale is made.
- A subproduct that is out of stock will prevent the bundle from selling (if you have set STOCK_ALLOW_CHECKOUT to false in admin)
- bundles are created and edited using the admin system
- bundle "master products" are virtual containers for subproducts, ie the stock is not updated. Otherwise, they are regular products with a description, price and other features.
For an example of how the system works take a look at the longboards at www.lushlongboards.com.